Contact Hamilton Board of Directors
- Contact Hamilton needs board members from across all the communities it services. If you are interested in joining Contact Hamilton’s Board of Directors, please click HERE for more information.
Indigenous Youth Leadership Team: Job Posting
Application link: https://goo.gl/forms/CX11oodHBaFPIgWj1
We are looking for committed, capable and enthusiastic youth to help us direct and implement the next phase of the Indigenous Youth: Designing a Better Justice System project. (See our report on the first phase here: https://bit.ly/2wDREof)
We are excited to begin work to further design and test the mobile app and game-based learning tool called “Shield Your Rights.” This game, developed by a team of Indigenous youth at a workshop in Thunder Bay, was pitched as a fun, effective way to introduce young Indigenous people to their legal rights during interactions with the police. (The prototype can be viewed here: https://bit.ly/2CCgyY9)
Right now, we are looking for 3-5 Indigenous youth currently living in Ontario who are willing to work more intensively with us and subject-matter experts throughout the course of this project. Involved in these paid positions are 4 in-person meetings in Toronto (lasting 2 days each) that will take place in late April/early-to-mid May 2019, the summer and fall of 2019 and the winter of 2020, all leading up to a larger workshop in the summer of 2020 at which the team will present their work to a group of their peers. Additionally, work (including meeting and corresponding by phone and/or online) will be required in between these meetings.
Besides being committed individuals, we are looking for youth that have a vested interest in the values that underpin this project (such as a desire to effect change in their communities and combat stigma) as well as familiarity, skill and/or expertise in technology and app development.
If this sounds like something you’d like to work on, please complete the above form no later than noon on Tuesday, February 19th.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Project Coordinator Jean-Paul Bevilacqua at ShieldYourRights@ojen.ca
Hamilton-Niagara Regional Autism Program Presents:
Parents for Children’s Mental Health Hamilton Chapter – Upcoming Meetings
- PCMH Hamilton Chapter Winter 2019 Calendar
- Please click HERE for more information or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for details on future meeting locations.
New Generation Youth Centre: Gender Experience Support Group
- When: 4th Wednesday of every month
- Please click HERE to view the Support Group Flyer or visit the New Generation Youth Centre website.
Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) and Employment Information Sheet
- Developed by the Ministry of Community and Social Services, this information sheet highlights some of the key rules about working while receiving ODSP benefits. For more information, please click HERE.