If you have a crisis situation
If you have a crisis situation and require help immediately, please consider:
1. Calling 911.
2. Going to your nearest hospital emergency department (McMaster Children’s Hospital has a psychiatric emergency service for children and youth).
3. Calling COAST Hamilton at 905-972-8338, 24 hours/day. COAST Hamilton works with children, youth and adults in crisis who have mental health concerns.
4. Calling your family physician.
Children’s Services Resource Database
Welcome to Contact Hamilton’s Children’s Services Resource Database. This database contains information about local services and supports for children and youth with social, emotional, behavioural, psychiatric and/or developmental concerns living in Hamilton. This database is available 24 hours a day / 7 days week for your convenience.
Our database is made of up information records that are created and maintained by Community Information Service. If you cannot find information about a service or support program that you feel should be part of our database OR if the information is not correct or outdated, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We invite you to browse the information that is available. You can search by subject, agency, key words and geographic location within Hamilton. You can also print the information.
If you would like more information about these services or would like to speak with someone, please call Contact Hamilton at 905-570-8888 and ask to speak with an Intake Coordinator.
|Click here to search for Children’s Services|
The Special Needs Resource Centre is a new and unique space based in Hamilton, Ontario. They offer resources for and support to parents of children, youth and adults with special needs including Workshops & Events, a Lending Library, and have hand-selected Vendors for the special needs community.
The Hamilton Family Network is a Nonprofit voluntary organization/association that provides education, advocacy, and supports for children and youth with intellectual and physical disabilities, and their families.
We are very pleased to offer you a link to the newly developed www.respiteservices.com service for Hamilton. Respiteservices.com is managed by Rygiel Supports for Community Living Hamilton. This site helps individuals and families link with available workers; this site is helpful to people who have Passport funding, SSAH funding and/or can pay privately for support workers.
www.respiteservices.com offers the following:
- Family Classifieds – individuals and families who have a family member with a disability can register on-line. Families can post their worker needs. Rygiel connects families to potential workers who respond to the classifieds.
- Support Worker Database – respiteservices.com holds a database of support workers. Workers registering in the site can create a profile detailing their experience, education and availability. Individuals and families can peruse the worker database and chose a profile that best suits their needs.
Hamilton En Francais
For information about activities and services that are happening in French in Hamilton, please visit this website.