Contact Hamilton is here for you during these uncertain times. While our offices are closed in light of COVID-19, we remain committed to helping you. We are available by telephone.
- For Passport enquiries, please call: 1-866-288-9659
- For DSO HNR enquiries, please call: 1-877-376-4674
- For Children and Youth Services enquiries, please call: 905-570-8888
Your call is important! Contact Hamilton programs will be monitoring their calls, and responding as soon as possible. Please note that volumes may be high, so please be patient and know that we will connect with you. Please also note that we are working remotely and calls from us will appear as "private caller".
Please check our website frequently for the most up-to-date information regarding our services.
For information about COVID-19, including symptoms, transmission, treatment and what to do if you think you may be ill, please visit:
You can also visit local public health agencies in your city/county/region:
It can be challenging to know what to do during uncertain times. We have found some good resources to help explain, understand and cope with COVID-19. You are very welcome to use these resources. We will do our best to keep these resources updated as we have information.
People with Intellectual Disabilities and their Families
Children, Youth and their Families
- Kids Help Phone: Children and youth 18 and younger who need to talk to someone about their mental health can call 1-800-668-6868, for 24/7 phone and text support.
- Good2Talk: A phone and texting service that offers confidential support to post-secondary students. Call 1-866-925-5454.
- Mind Your Mind
- Mind Your Mind: Staying on Top of Your Game During A Pandemic
- School Mental Health Ontario
- School Mental Health Ontario: Resources for Educators, Parents and Students Related to COVID-19, 12 Easy and Fun Mental Health Practices To Try With Your Children At Home
- COVID-19 Youth Mental Health Resource Hub - Jack.org, School Mental Health Ontario and Kids Help Phone have partnered to bring you all the information needed in one easy-to-access hub so that youth mental health remains top of mind, and our communities are able to easily access the education, tools, support and reliable information they need.
- First Peoples Wellness Circle: Mental Wellness Resources for Parents and Children
- List of resources, and ideas for families (curated by Contact Hamilton)
- Children's Mental Health Ontario (CMHO)
- Triple P Parenting - Top Parenting Tips for Parents and Carers in Uncertain Times
- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health: How Do I Talk To My Children About COVID-19 and Its Impact?
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Talking with children about Coronavirus Disease 2019 - Messages for parents, school staff, and others working with children
- Partners for Planning: COVID-19 Critical FAQs
- Video done by ER doctor at MCH explaining COVID-19
- Ontario College of Teachers has developed a list of online resources for 5 categories: curriculum-based learning; mental health and well-being; arts and culture; games and activities; and physical fitness.
- Hamilton Wentworth District School Board - COVID-19 Information for Parents
- Hamilton Wentworth Catholic District School Board - COVID-19 Information for Parents
- MCCSS: Temporary Changes to Eligible SSAH Expenses
- BounceBack: A free, evidence-based cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) program that offers guided mental health self-help supports for adults and youth 15+ using workbooks, online videos and phone coaching. Call 1-866-345-0224.
- Stronger Minds: Stronger Minds by BEACON is a free digital program for all Canadians – to support your mental well-being through the COVID-19 crisis.
- Big White Wall
- CAMH: Mental Health and the COVID-19 Pandemic
- How to manage mental health, developed by CAMH (Canadian Mental Health Association)
- Calm: Meditating App
- ConnexOntario: Adults and frontline workers who are dealing with the realities of COVID-19 can call ConnexOntario at 1-866-531-2600 for mental health, addictions and problem gambling support.
- 211 Ontario: For information and referrals for community, government, social and health services, including mental health resources across Ontario, call 211 or 1-877-330-3213. Live web chat is also available.
- Hamilton Quick Guide to Services: Hamilton is full of resources and the purpose of this booklet is to organize them so service providers can better serve the community. The book is supplementary to Hamilton Public Library’s Redbook and hnhbhealthline.ca.
- Hope for Wellness Helpline: Indigenous peoples can call 1-855-242-3310 for immediate mental health counselling and crisis intervention across Canada (available in some Indigenous languages). Live web chat is also available.
- Talk 4 Healing: Indigenous women can get help, support and resources seven days a week, 24 hours a day, with services in 14 languages by calling or texting 1-855-554-4325. Live web chat is also available.
- First Peoples Wellness Circle: COVID-19 Wellness Strategies
- Thunderbird Partnership Foundation: Hope during COVID-19
If you have a crisis situation and require help immediately, please consider:
- Calling 911
- For mental health crisis / urgent situations, calling your local mobile crisis service:
- For Hamilton: COAST Hamilton, 905-972-8338
- For Niagara: COAST Niagara, 1 -866-550-5205.
- For Brant: St. Leonard’s Community Services, 519-759-7188 or 1-866-811-7188
- For Haldimand and Norfolk: CAST, 1-866-487-2278
- Calling your health care provider